Tuesday, December 11, 2007

To my fans/ HR 6

If you have recently sent me an email, thanks. I am sorry I haven't been able to respond, as I need to get a new email account going, so that if some moron from CL wants to do something bad with it, it is not an account I care about. So, I will get on that and post it online here. Meanwhile, if you want to get in touch, you can leave a "comment" and it will come to me.

My feet hurt. I hate my job. I think I will be looking for a new place to work at because the people I work with are truly retarded, the money isn't nearly good enough, and I am tired of my fucked up schedule.

OK politics. There is something going through congress now:

On Thursday the House passed H.R. 6, a bill containing major energy reform. The bill raises fuel efficiency standards, requiring that cars average 35 miles per gallon by the year 2020. This is the first increase in efficiency standards in over 30 years. The bill also mandates that a certain amount of the electricity produced by utilities come from renewable sources. It includes tax incentives for ethanol and new standards for light bulbs.
One of the more contentious provisions is a repeal of $13.5 billion in tax breaks for oil companies. Some Republicans have expressed objections to the repeal, and hope that it can be taken out when the bill goes to the Senate.
The Senate cloture vote on the energy bill failed Friday, meaning it will not be voted on in the Senate in its current form. A revised version could face a cloture vote later this week.

So, that is new. We'll need to see what happens with that. Do I even need to say what I think? We needed these energy standards at least a decade ago. And the billions given away in CORPORATE WELFARE to the oil companies who just made MORE MONEY THAN ANY OTHER INDUSTRY OR COMPANY ON EARTH EVER, should NEVER have occurred to begin with.

So, since we have been dealing with Repuglican crap for years now, no doubt that will be removed prior to passing. Scumbags. I have had about enough of that shit. It is unbelievable to me the absolute corruption that is going on. If we had public financing of campaigns and got private money out of the elections, we wouldn't have to worry about our politicians giving a reciprocal hand job to special interests. Someday?

No comments: